Action figure photography blog.

Video

Rock the blocks at Legoland’s new hotel

A 250-room hotel at the Legoland California theme park in Carlsbad opened its doors Friday that not only allows kids to play out their LEGO fantasies, but is designed to maximize their fun.

The lobby has a castle-themed play area that features a LEGO pirate ship and a LEGO-filled moat. Behind the reception desk guests are greeted by 6,000 different LEGO mini-figures and colorful brick flowers on the counter, which has been lower to accommodate its pint-sized clientele.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2013/04/05/rock-blocks-at-legolands-new-hotel/?intcmp=trending#ixzz2PcvQhghe

Fox News Article with video

Watch the latest video at video.foxnews.com

6,000 different LEGO mini-figures!

Another article from NBC

Everything has finally clicked into place. The dragons, monkeys, and ladybugs and thousands of other LEGO brick models are ready for their legions of fans to descend for the April 5th opening of LEGOLAND Hotel, the country’s first hotel devoted to the hugely popular building block.

“The buzz surrounding this hotel is massive,” said Suzanne Rowan Kelleher, managing editor at the family-travel site MiniTime.com.

As LEGOS do not actually make for a safe and practical building material outside the playroom, the three-story, 250-room hotel, which sits at the main entrance to the 28-acre LEGOLAND California theme park in Carlsbad, isn’t actually made out of the construction toys.

LEGOLAND HOTEL
All guest rooms include:

As a special privilege, LEGOLAND Hotel guests will get entry to select LEGOLAND rides and attractions before the Park officially opens. Please see the Hotel concierge for details.
Queen bed
High-definition flat panel television with complimentary On-Demand content
Kids’ own sleeping area with bunk bed, pull out trundle bed and entertainment unit (sleeps up to 3)
In-room treasure hunt with LEGO prize

LEGO brick to build with during your stay
Air conditioning
In-room mini refrigerator
Coffee maker
Vanity/work station
Complimentary Wi-fi access
Hairdryer
Complimentary toiletries

Advertisements

6 responses

1. The hotel and Legoland are just 30 minutes from my home. Yesterday one of the local radio stations was giving away a night at the hotel. I was desperately trying to be the right caller to win. But alas, I did not. Maybe someday I can afford to stay there. But then if I had an extra couple hundred dollars, I would rather spend it on Lego sets.

April 5, 2013 at 4:36 pm

• “Opening weekend rates were $309 per night for two adults and two children, or $278 per night with a AAA discount.” I’ve never been in a Hotel that expensive. I have AAA but still. I would love to just wander around the hotel.

April 5, 2013 at 4:49 pm

• oh wow! I didn’t know it was that expensive. Yeah, I’ll have to take a look around the hotel. My brother went a couple days before opening when he went with his family to Legoland and took a quick video for me since he knows I love Lego. He was asking the staff there about getting a room. He was just curious about the rates and they said that he couldn’t until it opened. He thought it was opened because it was so full of people, but he was told the people staying there currently and roaming the lobby were employees. How I would love to be an employee to be the very first to stay the night in one of the rooms!

April 5, 2013 at 5:28 pm

2. My God! That is expensive! A little too expensive for my taste. Such a shame :-\

April 5, 2013 at 6:08 pm

• “It’s does say opening weekend rates. So hopefully the price will go down. But yeah that’s crazy expensive plus a seven hour flight to get there for me.

April 5, 2013 at 9:19 pm

• I entered some dates to get quotes. It wasn’t as expensive as the price in the article. That quote might have included tickets to LEGOLAND plus there are Premium Rooms with extra LEGO themes and gift for kids. I’ve updated the post with more info.

April 5, 2013 at 9:36 pm

An opinion on this you have? Pleased to hear it I will be.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s