Action figure photography blog.

Series 10 spotted and denied

Look gold LEGO mini bag! Series 10 on the shelf cool!

So I was running errands today. I stopped at the store for some 2 liter drinks. Eventually I made it to the toy section. I checked the LEGO aisle and saw blind bags. It took a second to realize these were series 10 bags. I tried to remember what was in the series so I would know what parts to feel for. I try a few bags and found a Medusa and a black and white clown. Plus a mystery one. I checked price on the self-scan, $2.99.

I waited in line for an extremely long time. When I finally get there the cashier scan the bag, scans it again then just walks away. She talks to another employee and comes back. “Cant sell them look.” she scans it and the screen says BEFORE SALES DATE. “It doesn’t say when we can sell.” She pushes them across the counter and says maybe customer service can help.

I go over there tell the customer service associate about it and that they scan at the price check kiosk. She looks for paperwork with a date finds nothing, Pages the toy department. Says she can’t sell but she’ll see if they know the date. She calls again. Someone finally shows scans it and say s they can’t sell till May 1st.

So I almost had a Medusa. It was easy to feel in the bag. I just hope I can find it on the first. I never saw series 9 at this store at all. I can’t blame the cashiers they have to hold to the Hold off floor date but man, so close to a scoop for the blog.

Advertisements

13 responses

1. lucky and unlucky at the same time, can imagine how you felt when your hopes were suddenly dashed

April 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

• Afterwards I went to walgreens, hoping they’d have something. All they had was a series 7 Black Knight.
      Arby, when you took pics at the LEGO store did you use a phone camera or a digital camera. I planning a shopping run this weekend and want to know if they care if I take in a camera.

April 23, 2013 at 4:29 pm

• I’ve not taken any photo’s at a LEGO store, nearest one is 200 miles away :-/……..Grace @ Minifig fun has though if that’s who you were thinking of?
        But the odd times I have taken photos within shops I’ve used my phone, daren’t get out the big one.

April 24, 2013 at 8:36 am

• I should have know that. I need more sleep. We have a smaller camera maybe I could take that. I was hoping to call and ask then thought I’d ask here.

April 24, 2013 at 2:55 pm

• 🙂

April 25, 2013 at 6:12 am

2. I’m sorry, but if they were stupid enough to put the stock out before the date, they should have sold it to you. That’s just crap.

April 23, 2013 at 3:56 pm

• That’s what I was thinking just override it and enter the price. Said they couldn’t do it. I was in retail back when the Phantom Menace was released. The boxes had “Do Not Shelf till this date” printed in big letters on them. So they could not go out. I’m sure these had the same thing on them.

April 23, 2013 at 4:34 pm

3. I agree, they just should have sold it to you! It was their mistake… Customer service these days is just custumer without the service

April 23, 2013 at 4:52 pm

4. tobymacboy

My brother bought one at the Toys R us in valdosta on April 20th. The employee said that they got them yesterday and that a guy can in and searched the whole box for MR. Gold and said there were non.

April 24, 2013 at 10:22 am

• I checked TRU nothing there yet. Looks like I’ll hit TRU on the first.

April 24, 2013 at 2:57 pm

5. Pingback: THE LEGO Movie Minifigs | Yoda Archives, Macro adventures of a Jedi Master

6. I think this story is now considered a yoda archives classic.

Liked by 1 person

January 26, 2015 at 8:56 pm

7. Pingback: Lego Minifigures series 14 in Stores now! | Yoda Archives, Macro adventures of a Jedi Master

An opinion on this you have? Pleased to hear it I will be.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s