Action figure photography blog.

Via Photo Jojo: Make A Mini Light Studio Using School Supplies

Great tutorial from Photojojo I had to share with all the Toy Photographers that follow this blog. You can make a portable light studio using translucent binders. Looks like a neat little project. They suggest using bean bags to support the light tent. I also use a large bean as a replacement tripod.

Supplies Needed

3 white, translucent binders
8 1/2″x11″ colorful cardstock
Duct tape (grey is good!)
A camera
Optional: small hand-sized bean bags

mini light tent

Everyone has a binder or two at home, so you can start this project today!

Plus, this portable light tent gives you great lighting on flowers, insects, and other small stuff without having to pluck them out of the ground.

Throw it in your bag, and you’ve got a mini studio wherever you go this summer.

Full tutorial at PhotoJojo :How to make a Mini Light Studio Photojojo has tons of cool photography tips plus some neat gadgets in their shop. I suggest you subscribe to their newsletter.
This tutorial was originally written byDigital Camera World and then Photojojo shared it. Images are by Digital Camera World.

photojojo light tent

Advertisements

6 responses

1. Eric at A Lego a Day

Awesome idea!

June 27, 2013 at 12:02 pm

• I’m going to try it sometime.There might be binders in the house. If not I’ll pick some up at the store. Cheap and portable studio, I like that idea.

June 27, 2013 at 1:41 pm

2. Eric at A Lego a Day

Agreed. Can you check your link to the full tutorial though? It doesn’t seem to be working. I’d love to see what kind of binders exactly.

June 28, 2013 at 8:43 am

• Fixed the link and added another link to the original authors.

June 28, 2013 at 5:07 pm

3. Thank you for sharing this idea!

July 10, 2013 at 6:29 pm

• I knew I had to share it when I saw it. I have looked for the binders at walmart didn’t see what I needed. But stores should be stocking school supplies soon, so I’ll get the binders somewhere.

July 10, 2013 at 11:12 pm

An opinion on this you have? Pleased to hear it I will be.

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s