Today’s assignment: create an About page, or revisit and improve the one you have.
Today challenge is to make the about page more personal and informative. I’ve updated my about many times since the blog was born. The last time I used advice I from Michael Hyatt’s book, Platform. He suggested adding links your most popular posts on the about page to let readers see a glimpse into the blog.
For this assignment, I updated the most popular and most liked posts. I also added a few pictures and updated some text from my reintro post from day 1. Is there anything else I should add? what would you like to know?
you can see my about page here. Or click the link on the navigation bar at the top of each page.
A brief video showcasing the Simpsons mini figs and House.
The Simpsons house is now a massive LEGO set. The set is 2,523 pieces and will retail for $199 us and $229 in Canada. The set will be sold at shop.LEGO and LEGO Stores in February.
This is one of the nicest sets I’ve seen. It’s huge measuring over 9” (23cm) high, 16” (42cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep. I can fit this somewhere in my house. It even has inanimate carbon rod.
The roof is removable and you can swing the house open and play on the two story interior. There is a lot of play to this set.
• Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders
• First floor includes yellow and light-blue tiled floor, sink, oven and stove, drawers, cups, pot, pan, bowl, mixer, plates, cake tins, cutlery, dining table and 4 chairs
• Living room features TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, couch, boat painting, telephone, carpet, purple piano and staircase to the second floor with family photos
• Bart’s room features a bed, night lamp, desk with pin board, chair, Krusty the Clown poster, skateboard, shelves with books, radio and a cap
• Marge and Homer’s bedroom features a bed, 2 side tables, Maggie’s crib and Marge’s bag
• Lisa’s room features a vanity mirror with hairbrush, stool, bed, table with lamp and cup, shelves with books, magnifying glass, backpack and a jazz poster on the wall
• Bathroom features a shower, toilet, sink and a mirror
• Detachable garage features the family car, tools, workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, toolbox and a broom
• Family car with space for 4 minifigures features a dent in the front and an opening trunk to store Homer’s suitcase and a ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant
• Outside area includes a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof.
Yes I want this set. It would easily fit on my book case, unlike the Tower of Orthanc set. Both set are the same price which would I rather have? I’m a big fan of both series. My birthday is not in February but my unbirthday is.